The story of the Bohotin Domains (Domeniile Bohotin) starts with an entrepreneur’s decision to save and bring into present days the heritage that could be salvaged from the former state-owned IAS Bucium. The works begun recently, in 2017, with the first wines launched on the market in 2019, but the company has already gained a notable notoriety and reputation, especially due to the local flagship grape variety, Busuioaca de Bohotin.
The 250 hectares of the vineyard – 100 owned, the rest leased – are planted predominantly with Romanian varieties – Fetească Albă, Fetească Regală, Tămâioasă Românească, Fetească Neagră and, goes without saying, Busuioacă de Bohotin. Along with these, some of the international varieties well adapted to Moldova’s terroir were chosen – Muscat Ottonel, Aligote, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Currently, the company is the only Romanian wine producer able to use the Busuioaca de Bohotin DOC (Denomination of Controlled Origin).
Taking into account the sudden quality increase in wines, after reinvention of the company, as well as the accesed European funds dedicated to marketing and for the development of internal quality control, one may say that there is a promising future for the new Bohotin producer.
• Contact person: Marius Zănoagă
• Phone: 0742109864
• E-mail: [email protected]
• Opening hours: –
• Name of the company: Domeniile Bohotin SRL
• Established in: 2020
• Owner: Daniel Panaite
• Oenologist: Ilie Ciomaga
• Annual production (bottles): 1,000,000
• Annual production capacity (liters / year): 2,000,000
• Surface (ha): 270 ha
• Direct sale to the winery (YES / NO): YES
• Winery address: Sat Bohotin, Comuna Răducăneni, Județul Iași
• Headquarters address: Sat Bohotin, Comuna Răducăneni, Județul Iași
• Website: www.domeniilebohotin.ro
• Last update: March 2021