Founded in 2016, Crama Jelna is one of the small, but soulful vineyards that quickly invigorate the spirit of Transylvanian wine. The 26 hectares vineyard is located near Bistriţa, in Lechinţa, in a place where winemaking has been an uninterrupted tradition for more than 250 years. The vineyard, planted with Sauvignon Blanc, Fetească Albă, Fetească Regală, Muscat Ottonel and Pinot Noir, is still young, preparing to celebrate its first decade.
The family investment made by Ovidiu and Daniel Moldovan also had the great chance to be completed by the addition to the team of a talented young oenologist, who never stops experiencing, while respecting the terroir and the harvest conditions. Thus, in Jelna, wines may be fermented with wild or selected yeasts, may be fermented sequentially, some are macerated in the presses, others have no maceration at all and so on.
Annual production is still below 100,000 bottles, and there are no plans to exceed 120,000 bottles after the vineyard reaches maturity.
• Winery name: Jelna Winery
• Region: Lechința
• Contact person: Ovidiu Moldovan
• Phone: 0740 986 056
• E-mail: [email protected]
• Opening hours: 8-18
• Established in 2016
• Owners: Ovidiu Moldovan, Daniel Moldovan
• Oenologists: Darius Pripon
• Annual production: 80,000 bottles
• Annual production capacity: 60,000 liters/ year
• Area: 26 hectares
• Vineyard Management company: Drosera Comserv S.R.L.
• Direct sales: YES
• Winery address: No. 17C, Principala street, Satu Nou village, Bistrița-Năsăud county, Romania
• Headquarters address: No. 17C, Principala street, Satu Nou village, Bistrița-Năsăud county, Romania
• Website: www.jelnatransilvania.ro
• Last Update: April 2021